Here below you can find links to i) the text of the email sent out to all SRN2020 Delegates and SRN Members on 17 March 2020 (re: the decision to postpone SRN2020 to 2021); ii) the Call to Membership issued on 28 May 2020 (re: a resolution to postpone the AGM and the EC Elections to 2021 as well) also available on the SRN website; and iii) the text of the email sent out on 22 June 2020 informing Members of the result of the consultation.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
- Registration, on-campus accommodation booking and dinner booking are suspended until further notice
- Delegates who had already registered or booked their on-campus accommodation have been reimbursed
- The conference theme (i.e. Pushing Boundaries) will remain the same in 2021 – and, perhaps, now more than ever sounds appropriate
- Delegates already shortlisted for this year’s original dates are automatically confirmed but will have to confirm their intention to attend in 2021; should any delegates decline for whatever reason and the total number of shortlisted paper drop below 108, a new CfP will be issued in the forthcoming months and we may accept new submissions accordingly
- Delegates who qualified for the student rate this year will be automatically considered eligible next year too, regardless of whether their status will have changed by then
- Keynotes and guests will be re-invited with the awareness that they might not be able to confirm availability until nearer the new date next year
- The SRN Awards will be pushed to 2021, and will therefore cover a two-year time period with submissions extended until May 2021
New deadlines will be arranged for all stages of the lead-up to the Conference although we will keep everyone up-to-date on any developments so as to give everyone plenty of time to adjust their plans.
In the meantime, if you have queries or need any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Paolo Russo either at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.