Here below you can find links to i) the text of the email sent out to all SRN2020 Delegates and SRN Members on 17 March 2020 (re: the decision to postpone SRN2020 to 2021); ii) the Call to Membership issued on 28 May 2020 (re: a resolution to postpone the AGM and the EC Elections to 2021 as well) also available on the SRN website; and iii) the text of the email sent out on 22 June 2020 informing Members of the result of the consultation.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
- Registration, on-campus accommodation booking and dinner booking are suspended until further notice
- Delegates who had already registered or booked their on-campus accommodation have been reimbursed
- The conference theme (i.e. Pushing Boundaries) will remain the same in 2021 – and, perhaps, now more than ever sounds appropriate
- Delegates already shortlisted for this year’s original dates are automatically confirmed but will have to confirm their intention to attend in 2021; should any delegates decline for whatever reason and the total number of shortlisted paper drop below 108, a new CfP will be issued in the forthcoming months and we may accept new submissions accordingly
- Delegates who qualified for the student rate this year will be automatically considered eligible next year too, regardless of whether their status will have changed by then
- Keynotes and guests will be re-invited with the awareness that they might not be able to confirm availability until nearer the new date next year
- The SRN Awards will be pushed to 2021, and will therefore cover a two-year time period with submissions extended until May 2021
New deadlines will be arranged for all stages of the lead-up to the Conference although we will keep everyone up-to-date on any developments so as to give everyone plenty of time to adjust their plans.